Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wood Widow

I have officially become a “wood widow.” Karlo will be spending just about all of his spare time playing lumberjack and harvesting wood. We have no reserves for this coming winter and with oil prices where they are, we will be burning an awful lot of wood. Karlo is consumed with his mission of gathering firewood. That’s all he even thinks about, preparing the ‘snake house’ (Lisa may be the only one that understands that term), marking the dead trees, building new logging roads through the woods. I not only lost him after work, but his mind is chopping wood even when his body isn’t. What’s a girl to do?

Wait, I know . . . go to craft store and buy some beads! Today was my first trip to Joann Etc in so long I can’t even remember the last craft store run I made. My heart was filled with joy as I fondled all the pretty beads. I could have stayed there all afternoon. What better thing to do on a rainy day? Only this pesky thing called a job motivated me to drag myself from the bead isle and get back to work. Rain or no rain, I’m kicking Karlo out of the house tonight so I can make some jewelry.

No comments: