Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Glimpses of our Old Lives

Tonight I got a glimpse at what it will be like to go back to our former (normal) lives. It's been two years since we got back to our old routine. Last year we spent all of our time moving, homeless, and then working on our new house. This year our lives have been dedicated to that thorn-in-my-side book. I keep telling myself that we are so close to getting our lives back, but it seems like the carrot just keeps getting moved further and further out.

Yesterday had to be one of the worst, if not the worst day of 2008. I literally had to leave my desk, walk outside and cry. Luckily it wasn't my 'real' job (the one that pays the bills and feeds my Mini addiction) that brought me to tears. It was the details of that darn book that is putting me over the edge. I guess the timing is just plain bad because I'm finding it very hard to juggle all the demanding duties of my real job with the never ending book job. And the real kicker is that Karlo thinks the book was done two months ago! Soon, soon . . . . that's what I keep telling myself.

Add a terrible sinus headachethe to the stress of the day and I was literally unable to function when I got home. I collapsed on the couch and couldn't move for hours. I'm STILL disguested with myself for wasting the night. I hated it. I slept and watched TV. Pitiful. At least I got to see some of the Tour de France and that returned a little bit of my spark.

So today I needed to make up for wasting last night. We jumped on our tandem the minute we got home from work and it was bliss. This was the first after-work ride in TWO YEARS. I can't believe how much I missed it. I wanted to ride all night. Well, it's off to do more work on the book and then more Tour to watch. I have to pick a new favorite this year. I'm thinking it should be an Italian . . .

No comments: