Friday, July 25, 2008

Countdown to Vacation

The workday is almost done . . . and that means vacation is so close that I can taste it. I don’t think I ever needed a vacation more in my life. Lots of people are asking me if I’m excited about it and although the answer (up to this point) has been ‘no,’ I do think I’m getting excited. Perhaps not so much to pack, drive, and take our actual vacation, but I’m excited to NOT COME TO WORK for a week.

I am so incredibly burnt out. Completing the book nearly killed me – sucked most of the life right out of me. And whatever life was left, work is beating out of me. I’m just plain tired of working.

It’s ironic that our vacation is going to be more work, and stress. I don’t think I even mentioned it before, but part of my birthday present is this ‘dancing vacation.’ We are going up to Killington Resort in Vermont for a week of ballroom boot camp. This has been a dream of mine for many years. Actually, it’s on my Bucket List. It will be interesting to see how it goes. Provided Karlo stays positive and happy, it should turn out to be a fun week. And if we come home knowing how to actually dance, that would be a huge bonus!

There is Internet access at the hotel so I’m planning to post vacation updates and dancing photos. Stay tuned.

No comments: