Monday, July 28, 2008

This is What We Learned So Far . . .

Karlo is the center of the universe! OK, I should rephrase that . . . when we are dancing, Karlo is the center of the universe. Needless to say, he's enjoying this dance camp more than I thought he would. I think it's already gone to his head.

So far we have spent 6 hours in lessons and an additional hour practicing at a social dance. Here was the scene at the social dance . . . the minute the first song comes on Karlo jumps up and says, "Let's dance." I sat on my chair terrified, overwhelmed, and unable to move. Was he crazy? We barely learned anything yet. Everybody out on the dance floor were real dancers. No way! I had to deal with the, "Why did we bother coming here if you don't want to dance?" Good grief. I was hoping to ease into this, but Karlo doesn't understand the concept of easing into anything. If you wanna swim you need to just jump in and get it over with! Painful.

Hopefully we will get more synced as the days go on. Karlo has already decided that we are going to participate in the group choreographed routine on formal night. What has gotten in to him? I better stop typing and start dancing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you want to dance and the first commenter want to eat . hhhhhhhhhhh

I want to sleep hhhhh

nice post

Anonymous said...

OMG, i want to be at your camp too!
i cant wait to hear how the rest
of the week goes, especially the
group routine. you can dance any
style you want, just keep having
fun. can we see a video too?