Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'm So Torn

I'm trying to decide which story to tell tonight . . .

I am compelled to continue the saga of the cheese. Just when I thought the darn cheese caused me enough grief . . . what do you think happened when I went back to Big Y this evening? You guessed it, nobody could find the cheese. I had to wait in the customer service line for the girl to look through her book of notes. I was promised that a note would be left — no note. The she had to call the deli. Nobody could find it. I was told to walk over to the deli department and have them cut me more. I got over there and it was a mob scene. It was past 6 PM which was prime grocery shopping time I guess. I can't tell you how close I was to walking back to customer service, demanding my money back and posting a big "NO Cheeseburgers For You" sign at the picnic. But I took a deep breath and waited there for all of eternity to get my new 4 lbs of cheese. I think Karlo feel asleep in the parking lot . . . although he did debate calling the police because he was convinced that I killed somebody inside. Please enjoy those @#$%^& cheeseburgers.

My other story of the night is that I JUST finished sending the final press file of the book to the printer. It couldn't have ended in a more frustrating or anticlimactic way. I didn't even do my Snoopy happy dance. What a let down. I think this is because I'm still not really done. I still have more tasks to complete and now the dread of hearing about potential printing problems will be looming over my head. Soon, soon. That's what I keep telling myself. I should have gottten and drank that bottle of champagne that I planned. That might have helped my night. Oh wait . . . I didn't get the bottle because I wasted my night at Big Y . . . AGAIN!!!!

After all the errands tonight, the book details, the packaging and shipping of YogaDudes order, I'm exhausted. Is it the long weekend yet? I'm ready.

4 comments:

lgaumond said...

Congratulations!!!!! Go have a celebratory drink and fall asleep on the couch.

Now on the matter of the cheese... it makes no difference now, you have the cheese after all, but why didn't you just buy the pre-packaged singles instead of standing in line at the deli? I just had to ask.

Anonymous said...

That's what I was thinking too!

Unknown said...

That is what I normally do for our lunch food, but those packages usually have 8 - 10 slices of cheese for over $4. I needed 100 slices and thought the deli would be a better option. If you're talking about the indivdually wrapped ones . . . with a nickname of 'Cheez' I have my standards ;-) And I could just imagine Karlo having the patience to unwrap each one. What a riot. Everybody would be getting plastic burgers!

Anonymous said...

CA Sue says: How many people are you having that you expect to serve 100 cheeseburgers? I would have also suggested going to BJ's for the whole thing and you can buy a huge block of presliced cheese. But you probably don't have one close.

And if you are really having that many people you couldn't have sent me an invite just for the heck of it?? Whatever!!!

So here is your happy birthday. I tried to email but you are out of the office. I don't think they make the dancing hotdog ecards anymore. A tradition is gone.