Thursday, July 24, 2008

So Much For My Jewelry Making

Last night did not go as planned – to say the least. I was all set to have the house to myself and spend some time in my much missed “studio” being crafty and creative. But Karlo had other plans. I’m still not quite sure how he pulled this off, but he lured me outside with the promise of a good workout. Well, he was right about that!

I actually got dressed into the grubbiest clothes I own and headed into the woods with Karlo, armed with an ax. And not just any ax. Many of you may have remembered seeing Karlo’s chainsaw . . .


Everything Karlo owns has to be over done. Hi ax weighs about the same as his sword and I spent an hour swinging it. I think Karlo just wanted to give me a finer appreciation of our “free fuel.” The thoughts of paying excessive amounts of money for oil actually didn’t seem like such a bad idea after about 30 minutes of this hard labor.

I’m happy to report that I didn’t inflict any injuries upon myself. Looking back on it, swinging an oversized axe near my shins probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do days before our dancing vacation. And bringing me out there after the rain, when all the trees and logs were at their slipperiest, was just plain cruel. But at least I got my workout for the night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...

don't 'cha just love spammers!?!?!