Saturday, July 26, 2008

Not My Idea of a Vacation . . . So Far


We are not getting off to a very good start with this 'vacation' concept. I was delusional in thinking that when we left work on Friday our vacation would start. Wrong! I can't even seem to remember last night, but all I know is that no fun was had. I think Karlo worked outside while I paid bills and did laundry. How exciting.

This morning Karlo insisted on getting all the newly chopped wood stacked into the shed. Since we will be gone for a week he wanted it drying instead of rotting. I, of course, was not pleased to waste any of our weekend with this task so when he told me that me helping him would make it go quicker, I agreed. That was stupid.

For some strange reason I felt the need to do my indoor work out before heading outside . . . for the biggest workout of the year. I can NOT believe how much work it is to use this so called 'free fuel.' We spent hours in the woods just loading the trailer with wood, bringing it to the shed and stacking it. It didn't help that we started with the biggest and heaviest maple tree. Six trailer loads later my back was killing me (and, might I add, my back is super strong after P90X). I was so beat that the thought of biking made me want to cry. Instead we went for a leisurely kayak ride and just keeping my head up was a challenge.

Tomorrow we head for VT. I'll be surprised if I could get out of bed or bend over. Dancing should be a blast!

No comments: