Thursday, February 15, 2007

I take back any complaints about my car

I have a confession to make. Since the day I got my new car home this past September, I've already been thinking about and shopping around for a different one. I don't even know why. My car is perfectly nice and I even scoped it out and drooled over the brochure before it was out. I thought I would enjoy owning a Saab, but when I got it home, it was nothing different than any other car. I like my little Mazda just as much. I think my big problem with the new car was the boring color. Gray! I'm just not a gray car kind of girl. Yes, this coming from the girl that owned a bright pink, white and black Suzuki (and did I mention the purple motorcycle?) I tried spelling gray "grey" to remind me of my poochies, but that didn't help either. Gray is just plain boring and I can NEVER find the stupid thing in a parking lot. I look like a complete idiot walking around, listening for the alarm beeps as I press my keychain. It's times like these when I think I want a bright yellow H3 or FJ Cruiser. That seems to be more my personality.

But this morning I took back all my complaints about my boring car. It rocked driving to work on the snow covered and icy roads. I was so impressed! Way better than the Mazda. And to further impress me . . . Karlo came home last night in some sort of big SUV. (oh that's another long story that I'll save for tomorrow). It took him MULTIPLE tries to get this so-called SUV up our driveway. And this SUV wasn't an "all wheel drive." It was a real "4 wheel drive" with 4 low and 4 high. It still had a world of trouble getting up our not so steep driveway. Then to make matters worse, I needed to simply move it from my side of the driveway to Karlo's side. Would you believe I got the thing completely stuck in the driveway? Some SUV that was. So I have a new found appreciation of my little, grey, boring car. I came home at noon today and drove up that driveway like it was flat and dry. I'll take it over that American made SUV any day. I hope my car forgives me!

Stay tuned tomorrow for the story of Karlo's trip home. That will be amusing . . .

No comments: