Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's Starting All Over Again

The obsession with Sting and the Police. Am I 16 again? It feels like it! I thought I could watch the Grammy's, see the Police, be happy, and be done with it . . . but it didn't work. Now I'm obsessing over the concert dates, completely stressed that I won't be able to get tickets and miss this once in a lifetime chance to see the Police on tour. Life was easier before the official tour announcement was made. I heard rumors months ago, but they were just rumors and I never dreamed that Sting would agree to a tour.

But it's not a rumor . . . they are coming to Boston in July. Can anybody imagine a better birthday present than THAT for me?? Tickets go on sale this month and I will be a nervous wreck until I have them in my hand. Or course it's not good timing for me . . . the one month where I'm not supposed to spend a dollar on any unnecessary item. But I would consider this purchase necessary. I have seen Sting in concert more times than I can remember, but I missed my big chance at seeing the Police in high school and I can NOT miss it again. Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I get tickets!!

And for your viewing pleasure, here's Sting with his ex-trumpet player Chris Botti . . .

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

Sigh... that was nice. Don't stress about tickets. You know that you'd pay a zillion dollars just to see them live again, so know that someone on ebay will stand in line and get tickets and would be happy to sell them to you. You'll see them, I know you will. It looks like the closest gig is in Boston. Is that right?

Unknown said...

Yeah, Boston is the closest gig - Fenway Park. So basically they will be the size of fire ants to me. I dread a huge stadium like that and this is the worst month ever to have to pay a zillion dollars. NOt good timing! Maybe I can WIN some tickets. Wouldn't that be nice??

Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT ABOUT DURING THE GRAMMYS. STING DID LOOK GREAT..AND THOSE ARMS!!! (ALTHOUGH HE DOESN'T HAVE THING ON KARLO .... :) ) LUV YA