Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Sad and Depressing


I'm not a happy camper today. I tried for an hour to buy tickets online for the Police concert. I am convinced that they sold 90% of the tickets during their pre-sales events. Since I didn't pay the $100 for the pre-sales privileges, I was left out in the cold. :-(

I tried every ticket price, in any available seat, on both concert dates. I even tried MSG tickets and I HATE NYC, but was willing to go. No worries there, I couldn't get those tickets either. So sad. So it seems my dream will never be lived out. Well, not unless I want to spend between $500 - $1,000 for tickets.

I figured Karlo would be happy at this bad news, but he surprised me. What a guy . . . he actually offered to still take me to Boston that night. He said we can walk around the parking lot, buy me a t-shirt and still hear them play. I was in shock when he suggested that! That made me so happy. So that is what we will do. We will spend the day in Boston and when the concert starts and the crowds are gone, we will sneak over to Fenway, get me a shirt, I'll hear the distant sound of Sting's voice, and then boogie on out of the city before the millions of people pour out of the stadium. Works for me!

This just in . . . . CA Sue also suggested that I scalp tickets. She wants public credit for her idea! So everyone out there listening . . . if I get to see the Police this summer, I have Sue to thank.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me smile today with my credit. :-))))))

Anonymous said...

Me too!