Monday, May 21, 2007

Back to a Real Keyboard

Now that I can type properly, it's time for a real blog entry. Today was a busy day. I had to catch up on two days of work emails (from last week), requiring me to have to actually 'work' on a Monday. Uuuugh. Didn't like that at all. Then it was off to the dentist and then to Tolland for a bike ride. This weekend was a washout as far as riding goes. This puts us to only 2 weekends left to train for our Finger Lakes tour . . . gulp!

We took the tandem out today for our first ride of the season. It felt good. It's so different from riding single bikes. Everyone likes to tease and tell me that I'm not working as hard when I'm on the back of the tandem. For all of you that say that . . . I invite YOU on the back of that insanely heavy bike and crank up the hills at the gear of Karlo's choice! Let me tell you, NOT easy. And I so get the short end of that deal. I'm going to have to put Karlo on a diet :-)

Since I didn't get to recap the weekend, I'll just mind dump some random thoughts:

First of all, I need to do a follow-up to "The Secret" posting. Not only did we get ANOTHER unexpected check in the mail (this time we apparently over paid our homeowners insurance), but I got a great email from CA Sue. She read my posting about The Secret and she's really been trying to practice it. She's in the process of buying and selling a house and going through some stress (yes, I can relate). I hope she doesn't mind me sharing this. This is written by Sue.

"I really believe that you have to be happy and grateful for what you have. I had emailed my cousin and complained a bit about the situation. And she told me to pray and that you can live anywhere if you are happy. Tonight I got a call from a friend. She is getting a divorce because her husband is a cheating pathological liar. And I thought wow I am so lucky to have Jim and the life I do. So I check my email and I have an email from our agent that he sent at 10:45pm. He had just found out that an appraisal was to be ordered today. I asked for a "bone" just a small sign and while I was busy just being happy with what I had, I got it."

Ta da. I told you guys, this stuff works.

In other news:
On Saturday night we had dinner with the SCHG dudes: Doug, Lucio and Jim Fiorino. All I can say is that my cheeks hurt for hours from all the laughing. Jim positively kills me. Stay tuned for more info on the premiere of Jim's movie. Can not wait!

Oh and here's an interesting note. Yesterday I ate a small piece of steak!! This was my first piece of red meat in 10 YEARS! And I am happy to report that I did not get a stomach ache. I'm still stunned. Maybe the trick is to wash it down with champagne! But here's the funny part. It was literally 22 hours before I could even THINK about eating again. My poor digestive system was working double overtime on that one. So I'm thinking this can be a good thing. I hate eating anyway. Perhaps I should start eating steak. That way I will have to eat much less often. Brilliant. And now I know how to order my steak . . . Let's see, what was the term? Medium? Well? No, that wasn't it. Incinerated. Yes, I believe that was the correct term. LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't mind that you quote me a bit. I am glad you fixed the typos.