Thursday, May 3, 2007

First Time "At Home"

Today after work we drove 'home'. It was weird to get on the highway and travel in the wrong direction. By wrong, I mean heading East. We are getting pretty used to hopping on the highway and driving to Hartford. So today we got to 'test drive' what our new commute will be. It took us about 35 minutes, but that included a brief stop at the post office. I came to the scary conclusion that I may need to take some Dramamine until I get used to Karlo's terrible driving on the back country roads. That will take some getting used to. And for all of those that thought Andover was back roads, this is worse!

We went out there to pick up a few things . . . an old bike that I won't cry about if it gets stolen in Hartford (so we can start riding around the golf course in addition to walking around it), our life jackets so we can start kayaking at the Cove, and a push grass cutter so I can cut the grass for Dad. Yes, and I mean "I". I love that little grass cutter.

We intended to sneak in and out without disturbing Rick & Nancy. (In case you don't know who Rick & Nancy are by now . . . they are the "previous owners" - wow, that sounds funny). Anyway, these two have become our friends and the worst part of this whole deal is that they are moving away! I'm gonna miss them. That house is going to be so lonely without them there!

Anyway, we totally interrupted their dinner and I still feel bad about that. But I so enjoyed another wonderful visit with them. As you can see below . . . Karlo carried me across the threshold for the first time, we had some celebratory wine, I hugged my precious "posts" (I finally figured out the difference between a "post" and a "beam." I hope Karlo is proud of me for that :-)






And this is Mack, but he doesn't come with the house :-(


90 more days . . .

4 comments:

lgaumond said...

Molly would love Mack! Too bad he doesn't come with the house.

Anonymous said...

cant wait to visit!!
great pictures. its nice to put a
face w/the names. very happy for you both :)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see it in person. I looks beautiful.

Eileen said...

Hey Cuz,
Jamie and I have this ongoing debate about blogs...but I like yours. Would love to chat at the edge of that dock. We'll bring the appetizers and wine, you provide the scenery...