Saturday, May 26, 2007

Be Still My (Beating) Heart



Did you hear Sting's voice when you read that title? I did!

Just as I suspected, today was a better day than Friday was. Of course, it wasn't hard to beat Friday, as far as good days go. I had a great night's sleep last night - probably due to the two Newcastles Friday night. (Any by the way Jamie, I thought the band sounded great!) I thought I would be too excited to sleep, but that wasn't a problem. This morning we went to go pick up my new baby! It wasn't quite fair because Karlo got to ride her from Glastonbury to Eastford. I got to watch him in the rear view mirror - having a ball. Grrrr.

Once we got to Eastford I got to take her for my maiden voyage. My heart was pounding at first from fear, but it wasn't long after I took off that it started to pound from pure enjoyment. I LOVED it. I can't believe how well I did right out of the gate. Karlo followed me in the car and we found a dirt road that led to a primary trail through the Yale Forest. It was heaven. Not only did I do great off-road, but I was able to do u-turns all by myself. That was a big accomplishment considering the bike is bigger and heavier than my old bike.

I don't know what it is about this bike, but as soon as you get on it, you just can't help but smile.



Now we just have to get my old Suzuki running so I can sell it. Karlo tried to ride her to Hartford this afternoon, but let's just say . . . that didn't go so well. That darn bike cost us most of the afternoon and as a result we didn't get our training (pedalling) miles in. How am I supposed to bicycle tomorrow with the lure of the new motorcycle beckoning? Uuugh, this won't be easy!

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

Um... WHAT? You never mentioned ANYTHING about this to me! You got a NEW BIKE and didn't tell me????

Unknown said...

Yes, but I credited you . . . I mean blamed you!!