Saturday, May 12, 2007

The Real Me

I have come to the realization that I just have to accept the real me. Last night I went shopping with Tina. It was a hoot. I felt like I was on the show "What Not to Wear" and Tina was Stacey. Tina was picking out all kinds of highly fashionable clothing and I was protesting, just like the usual slobs on the show. I'm sure the other shoppers were laughing if they overheard our conversation. Tina kept insisting that I look "adorable." Meanwhile I'm telling her that I think I looked pregnant! I'm just not hip to the whole empire waist thing. Why wear maternity looking clothes if you don't have to? Tina must have been losing her patience with me. She is a high fashion model and here I am . . . after complaining for the last 4 years that Karlo buys all my gifts at EMS . . . and I have no fashionable clothes, what do I tell Tina? I hung my head and said "Maybe I should just go to EMS." Uuuugh. Can you even believe it? Shameful.

So here's me in the clothes I feel most comfortable in:
OK, just kidding. But I guess there's a reason why 70% of my wardrobe is high tech clothing. Outside of work, I'm either biking, hiking or kayaking. I got that wardrobe down pat. I'm going to have to see if Tina will take me shopping again. This time I'll have more of an open mind.

I have to get ready now to go out. Oh boy. It's Saturday night and I have a date with Karlo. Now what on earth am I going to wear? Tina . . . HELP!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had fun w/you and would do it again in a heartbeat. i did not take any of your protests personally and you did look so
great in that top and capris!!