Monday, May 7, 2007

Not Much of a Weekend

My weekend was pretty pathetic. We went down to Haddam Saturday morning to help Dad out with the final clean up. There was a whole new dumpster to fill and lots more wood to burn. The whole scene was not very pleasant. If you can imagine what the land looked liked after being under water for two weeks . . . or better yet, what it SMELLED like. Yuck!!! It smelled, well . . . . like the CT River at low tide. Disgusting! And everything was covered in mud.

So I thought it would be a good idea to wear my brand new LLBean gardening clogs. Bad idea. I don't think I was there more than 20 minutes before I completely impaled my foot with a big rusty nail. It hurt like hell and I was scared at the consequences. The last thing I needed was Karlo yelling at me and telling me that he "told me not to step on any nails." I swear to God, I wanted to choke him.

The rest of the day I hobbled around and didn't really do too much work. I mostly watched everybody else work. We got home and took the dogs out. I couldn't go for a walk around the golf course with them, so we brought a bike and I pretty much coasted around the whole park. What a cheater.

Yesterday was pure frustration. Penni scared me into going to get a tetnis (sp?) shot. Dad told me where the closest medical clinic was in Wethersfield and Karlo brought me over there in the morning. Only problem was that it wasn't a walk-in clinic at all. So we drove back home and went online to find one. Then we drove out to South Windsor and come to find out, that one was only open Monday - Friday. Grrrrrrr. So there was only one more that I knew of and that was in Vernon. We drove over there and found a note on the door "Sorry for the inconvenience, Dr had a family emergency." That was it. I gave up! I decided to take my chances and we went shopping instead.

Today I'm still having visions of poison flowing through my blood. The thought of that nail being in the CT River for 2 weeks makes me want to vomit. My stupid foot is still killing me and tonight is our first dance class. I'm not a happy camper right now. I suppose I will call my doctor this morning and see what he thinks. Stupid nail, stupid LLBean clogs. uuuugh. I hope your weekend was better than mine.

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

Well I almost broke my foot riding a dirtbike this weekend. Not as bad as a rusty nail, but still painful.

Anonymous said...

As you know Angelo and Nicole stepped on a rusty nail on Sunday ( probably the same nail you stepped on on Sat.) they got their tetnus shots but today Angelo's looks like it is getting infected and he walks like he has a broken foot, Nicole on the other hand is just complaining about her arm where she got the shot and said her foot is fine. ( she is tough like her mother !!) I hope you called your Dr. today to get your tetnus shot because I want to vomit thinking about what disgusting germs are running wild in your foot from that nail. AND YES it smelled really BAD in Haddam yesterday

Jamie said...

dunno, the whole episode makes me say "waa, waa, waa"...

think of how bad it could be and you'll find out that it isn't so bad at all!

what was that thing my mom used to say "I complained that my foot hurt until I met a man with no foot" - or something like that OH MY GOD... DID I JUST TURN INTO MY MOTHER FOR A SECOND THERE!?!?!?