Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Good News and Bad News

The good news is that it’s May and that means we have one month down and 3 more to go . . . The bad news is that every time I have asked Karlo “When are we going to start biking?” and “When are we going to start lifting weights again?” and “When are we going to go kayaking?” . . . his answer was always “In May!” I’m really not too sure what was so magical about May, but May is here and today was our first real day in the gym. Oh the dread of realizing just how weak you got from slacking for several months. It was horrible. Even Karlo was burnt out and couldn’t do nearly what he used to be able to do. I’m just wishing I had a picture of him collapsing on his stomach as he tried to do his (leg inverted) push-ups. There he was, flat out on the floor with his arms out. It got quite a few strange looks from others in the gym. Could that be KARLO, the iron man, flat on his face??

So if that’s what happened to Karlo, it was worse for me. I HATE feeling weak. And I dread getting on my bike this month. I’m terrified. I’m going to be sucking wind, my butt will kill and forget powering up the hills like I used to. I wonder if I even remember how to switch gears. I actually woke up this morning and wondered how to switch gears on my motorcycle. I honestly couldn’t remember! That is bad.

No doubt, tomorrow my muscles will be sore, but I actually look forward to it. I remember complaining to Karlo in the past if I wasn’t ‘sore enough.’ I always judge my work-outs by how sore I am the next day. At least I know I worked hard when I’m sore. Strangely, I think it’s a great feeling.

Stay tuned to see how I do on our first ride of the season. Hopefully there will be no pictures of either of us flat out on the ground!

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

You two? Are crazy. Crazy. When you have to train for a vacation - that's just nuts.