Thursday, May 24, 2007

This is all Lisa's Fault

A couple of months ago my buddy Lisa insisted that I put a movie in my Netflix que. I didn't even quite remember what it was all about, but I obeyed and added this unknown movie as she requested. Then a couple of weeks ago, said movie arrived. It was an incredible story about 2 guys that biked (motorcycled) around the world. It was called "Long Way Round" and it starred two British actors, Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman. In addition to Ewan being adorable with that accent that I love . . . the movie was just addictive and sucked us right in. Of course I was sucked in after hearing 2 sentences of the accent, and Karlo was sucked in the second he saw the BMW GS1150 bikes (his dream bike).

So we watched all 8 hours of the movie and followed these two guys around the world with the most incredible adventures you could ever imagine. By the end of the movie, I totally missed the two guys and Karlo is dying to take a similar trip. He started asking me when we are going to take a motorcycle vacation. My first thought was, "OK, he's old." We always talked about pedaling across the country and now he wants to cheat and take a motorbike. Hmmmm. But anyway, the thought of riding off road started to peak my interest.

When we were in Germany two summers ago Karlo found a BMW training course where you can go off-road with guys that teach you how to do it. Karlo begged me to do this and, at the time, I had no interest. But now after the movie, I would love to.

So . . . . we were looking on Craigslist last weekend for a used ATV. We will need a utility vehicle for our new house. As Karlo is searching for the ATV, he stumbles across a used BMW for sale. He HAD to open the listing and look at the photos. I was standing over his shoulder and my heart stopped when I saw the bike.

We will cut right to the chase. Here's my new toy . . .


More details to follow . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too cool and very cute. when does the real one get delivered?

Unknown said...

Saturday, baby!! Stay tuned.