Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Am I Boring You?

I hate to have so many blog entries about the projects at home, but that is pretty much my whole life right now. This week will be dedicated to taping and mudding the drywall which is a very long and time consuming process. Last night I covered all the screw holes so it looks like the walls have a terrible case of the measles. I’m sorry that I haven’t been documenting with photos. I’ll try to take some soon.

When I’m not working on the projects at home, I’m shopping for them. Yesterday I bought some new cabinet pulls for the kitchen and laundry room. Cabinet pulls are so much fun! But the selections are endless and how do you choose? Well, I finally bit the bullet and just went for it. I better like them considering we have 55 pulls in the kitchen! Very scary. Here they are:

And remember our new color scheme for the new bathroom? Its blue and tangerine. Look at what I found for the laundry room vanity:


Now I’m on to the new IKEA catalog.

I got an email from IKEA last week to alert me that the new catalog was out. I requested a printed one be mailed to the house and I was going out of my mind waiting the three dreadfully long weeks that they anticipated it would take. Then yesterday I was walking through the lobby at work and out of the corner of my eye I caught some splash of color sitting on a side table. It instantly got my attention and to my delight, it was the new IKEA catalog. There it was . . . sitting all by itself . . . completely unattended. Have you seen the movie “Finding Nemo”? You know that scene where all the seagulls are standing on the dock saying “mine, mine, mine.” Well, that was me. I scoped up the catalog and made a mad dash to my office. Now it’s sitting on my desk with 13 flags sticking out of the pages. I can NOT wait to make the long journey to New Haven!!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

went last week to IKEA got some great pieces... but be careful, if not disciplined you can easily spend a couple grand and not even break a sweat!