Monday, August 20, 2007

Random Tidbits

We had a busy weekend and my head is still scattered. So rather than try to tell you a cohesive story, I’m just going to share some random thoughts and pics.

Lisa (& Luke) were visiting this weekend and Lisa had her new Mac laptop. We had some fun taking pictures with the laptop:






The laundry room/bathroom project made some more progress and I don’t have pictures to prove it. Stay tuned on that. I had a conference with Jessica and Lisa and we have settled on the colors. We are going with a shocking blue (gulp, God help me – I pray I don’t regret this) in the bathroom and a tangerine in the laundry room. Those are complimentary colors to each other and I’m happy to tone down the color that you will see from the foyer.

The green bathroom tiles arrived on Friday and when I opened the package I was horrified. They were the ugliest things I ever laid eyes on. I was furious . . . until Jessica figured out that we were looking at the BACK of the tiles. Ooops. Blonde moment. I never saw tiles with the paper backing on the front before. Odd! But that was the best news I heard all day. If all goes well, we will start taping and mudding the drywall tonight and maybe I’ll be painting (or at least priming) on Friday.

And here’s something that I just have to share. I ran across this blog today that posts all sorts of printable store coupons. For instance, the craft store 40 or 50% coupons are always listed. For those of you that don’t get the newspaper, this is like gold. Check it out: http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/2005/10/retail-coupons.html

Happy shopping!

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Relax, that blue isn't "shocking" it's a medium hue blue, and the "tangerine" color is more in the brown family than the orange family. It will be subdued, serene, and gorgeous. You'll never want to leave the laundry room!