Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Not a Happy Camper Today

I knew buying this house was going to stress me out. I don’t like stretching ourselves so thin and I also knew that it would be impossible to stick to the unrealistic budget that we need to adhere to in order to pay the new mortgage. On paper it seemed to be doable. But in reality, it’s impossible. So far we’ve been in Eastford for one month. And in that month (in addition to all the things we needed to buy for the house) we had to get Jessica a plane ticket and spend money on her visit, we had to pay over $750 for the repair of that stupid Volkswagon and then last night we got a tax bill for Karlo’s business (that has been shut down for over 2 years) for another $265. I am pretty sure that I’m going to have a nervous breakdown. This is NOT a good way to start off and if this continues every month (like it probably will) I’m going to own a beautiful house, but will have to check myself in and live in the looney bin.

I think I need a part-time job. Anyone know of any good ones out there? I either need to rob a bank or hit lotto to ease my financial worries. I am making a list right now of all the things that I need sell on EBay. Can I interest anyone in a very nice piece of land in Eastford? How about Maine . . . would you like to buy a great piece of land in Maine? Hey, maybe we can get Peanut racing again. Perhaps she can go to work and earn us some money. Hmmmm, that might be the best idea I had yet. Her training starts tonight!

No comments: