Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekend Update

We had a nice weekend . . . Went to a party . . . Ate too much . . . Took a break from working for the first time since we moved in . . . Visited with friends . . . Did laundry! Yes, that last one seems a little out of place in my list, but it was very exciting. On Saturday we got our new front-loading, high-efficiency washer and dryer delivered. Up until then, it's been two weeks since I did laundry and I was very eager. I LOVE the new machines. They are quiet and easy to operate. I have them stacked so it's only a pain to get in and out of the lower one (the washer), and the best part - the clothes come out of the dryer DRY, the first time around. What a joy. Thanks Ang and Penni for recommending them. I couldn't be happier.

Well, maybe I could be a little happier . . . I'm also very eager to have the room they are sitting in complete. Karlo has been working feverishly and I'm stunned at what he already accomplished. But we still have no walls. We have the essentials, plumbing hooked up and electricity where it belongs. The walls come next. I'm already shopping for tiles and paint. Once the new laundry room and bathroom are complete, I think we can finally take a breather. Well, we CAN, but will we? Doubtful.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Can we see pictures documenting the demolition and construction?? I'm dying to see it.