Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Pictures of the Bath/Laundry Room Construction

Ok Lisa, you wanted pictures . . . I snapped some pics last night, but this afternoon it will look much different. Today is drywall day and I can't wait!

This picture was taken from the foyer. The opening on the left was the old entrance to the bathroom. It will become a closet that you access from inside the laundry room. The opening on the right is the new entrance to both the laundry and bathroom. We will need to patch the wood floor and I'm sure that will be fun.

This shows you how small the bathroom portion of the room will be. A pocket door will go into the frame you see. Karlo had to relocate the toilet. I still can't figure out how he did that. I wonder if he flushed it yet. Yikes.

This is the other side of the bathroom. The new glass top vanity will go inside the blue lines. But for now, it's the home of the shop vac. All the plumbing has already been moved so the sink will be quick to install. And wait till you see the sink. I love it!

Here are the stacked washer and dryer. I took this picture from inside the new closet. To the left is the old sink vanity. We are keeping the vanity and putting a flat counter top on it for a place to fold the clothes. There will also be a wall completely hiding the washer and dryer so you don't see them when you walk down the new little hallway to get to the bathroom. Oh and one more thing . . . Karlo is going to add a window to that blank back wall to let some natural light in.

Last night I talked to Rick and Nancy and they asked how the project was coming. After I reported what Karlo did so far, Rick asked "Is there anything he CAN'T do?" and after some pondering I am pretty sure the answer is NO. So far, we haven't encountered anything that Karlo couldn't make, build or do. I married superman!

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Very nice! I covet your washer and dryer.