Monday, August 27, 2007

Too Much Excitement For One Saturday

We sure did have an exciting Saturday. Not quite as peaceful and relaxing as Friday was. Saturday started off at 7 AM with my painting project. Not quite sure what possessed me to decide to start priming our walls at 9 PM on Friday night, but I did it and that meant the walls were ready for color on Saturday morning. I got started right away . . . could not wait to see the color on the wall.

I started in the bathroom with the ‘shocking’ blue. I put the first few strokes on the wall and I wasn’t as shocked as I thought I would be. I think I liked it right off the bat. I got halfway done with the first wall before the real shock came . . . As I was stepping off the ladder my foot apparently hit the water valve. Next thing I knew I had a mini fire hydrant blasting straight up (my shorts) and all over the ceiling, my freshly painted wall . . . EVERYWHERE. I screamed out “KARLO!!!!!!!” and he instantly sprang into action and ran downstairs. Downstairs? Where are you going? There is a flood in our new rooms! Karlo assumed that I burst a pipe when all I really did was turn the water on before it had anything hooked up to it. I got brave enough to re-enter the room that now had water spraying in every direction – dripping off the ceiling, blasting off the walls, pouring out of the doorway. Oh dear God, our brand new drywall. And did I mention the blue streaks of watered down paint dripping everywhere? What a disaster! And why didn't I take pictures?

We managed to clean up the HUGE mess and I was able to start repainting the walls. Meanwhile Karlo went outside to cut the grass. Since it takes 2-3 hours to cut the grass and that’s what it was going to take me to finish the painting that was the perfect plan. Poor Karlo drove over a bees nest and got stung 5 times. What a way to start our day.

We continued to work and clean the house until it was time go out for our big night out. I was so exhausted in the car, it was hard to drive. How was I going to stay awake for the movie? Well, that was no problem. This was the big premiere of my friend Jim’s “Fishwrap.” It was spectacular. I had a blast. Got to see old friends again and totally enjoyed the movie. It won’t be long before we see Jim at the Academy Awards. When the movie comes out on DVD, we will have a Fishwrap party at our place. Jim, I give the move two thumbs up!!!

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

Oh my goodness! I can totally picture it - water spewing out, watery blue paint oozing everywhere, you screaming, soaking wet. The dogs must have loved all that action.

Unknown said...

Hmmmm, not sure if the dogs even picked their heads up off their bed. Those lazy pooches have the life. I'm telling ya!