Monday, August 6, 2007

Roughing it out in the Boonies

Just two days ago I was thrilled about my new TV in the bedroom. I was so missing watching the news in the morning to get my weather forecast. I can’t start my day without it. Yesterday morning I woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed all excited to turn on the TV . . . I switched to channel 3 (CBS) only to find out that CBS is no longer WFSB from Hartford. Out here it’s W-whoknowswhat from Boston!!! What the?!?!? Where is my Channel 3? Where is my Scot Haney? This is terrible. I don’t care about the weather in Massachusetts! Nobody told me that Eastford was THIS far from civilization!

We took an ice cream break yesterday and drove our bikes down to the local dairy bar where we met a few other bikers. One group from Rhode Island and one from MA. This is when it hit me that we are closer to both of those states than we are from Hartford. The guys from RI pointed out that the music playing at the dairy bar came from a RI radio station. Sigh. I just don’t know how I can make it through without Scot Haney in the morning. I’m sad.

And I’m not the only one roughing it out here. This big house and no place to wash the dogs! The poor dogs have gone from a nice bathtub with warm running water, to a garden hose and a Rubbermaid tub in the driveway. These are greyhounds and should NOT be subjected to this kind of dog abuse! Poor things. They were good sports about the whole ordeal and they may have even secretly liked the refreshing water.



More house news . . . after 7 straight days of unpacking, decorating, cleaning and desperately trying to get the house looking good , Karlo starts to destroy our downstairs bathroom. I think I can best describe this in pictures.

This is what the foyer used to look like.

This is what it looked like just before our ice cream break yesterday.

And this is what it looks like now.

According to my calculations, with the rate of Karlo's working speed and his obsessive nature to get the job done, the entire project - demoing one big room and building two new rooms - (moving all the electrical and plumbing, building new walls, etc.) should take about a week. Good thing, because the new washer and drier are coming on Saturday. Yippeeee. You Go Karlo!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now i understand why scott haney
never reports on your neck of the
woods. i'll tell him you miss him
lots.