Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Under Appreciated

In case you are not sick of hearing me talk about how much work we have been doing . . . I just need to vent. After over a week of solid, non-stop back breaking hard work unpacking, cleaning, painting, decorating, and shopping for the house, I have to say that it is ASTONISHING what we accomplished in one week’s time. Of course all the unpacking and decorating has been my duty. Karlo has been very busy with ‘boy stuff,’ but I am responsible for the house looking like a home after just one week.

When I look around, even I can’t believe how far I’ve come from the blank white canvas that I started with. So last night when Karlo got completely on my case because stuff was on the floor in the office, I wanted to smack him. Stuff is on the floor because I’m waiting for my new file cabinet and bookshelf to arrive. I have no place to put the ‘stuff’ and I’m still trying to pay bills, record expenses and work from my office. So there are a few books, CDs and file folders on the floor . . . has he even took the time to LOOK at the rest of the house . . . the painted walls, the window treatments, the homey touches? Uuuugh!!!!

So the next time you see Karlo, give him a little whack upside his head and tell him how lucky he is to have a hard little worker for a wife. I think sometimes he forgets.

No comments: