Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Slow Night

Just about all the drywall is up and I didn't take a single picture last night. ooops. It was a slow night. The biggest excitement was taking a trip to the Eastford Town Office . . . a rockin' good time. It's hard to imagine a Town Hall smaller than Andover, but one exists! The ladies were nice enough. They gave us our very important pass to get into the dump, despite the fact that our auto registrations don't yet reflect that we are living in Eastford. These people are at least smart enough to know when to bend the rules a little - unlike the folks at DMV. And speaking of DMV, I asked the town hall lady if she knew how to go about changing our address on our auto registrations and she handed us the appropriate forms. She saved us a trip to DMV. I was ready to kiss her! I'm making fast friends in Eastford!

After all that excitement, I started the very thrilling task of putting all my file folders into my new filing cabinet. I know this sounds boring, but I actually had a good time. First of all, I love my new piece of filing furniture - always wanted a pretty filing cabinet. And this is my big chance to get and stay organized. So I filled one draw with financial info, one draw with legacy info (old tax returns, old credit card statements, etc) and one draw with everything else. I was very proud of myself for my organization. Then I remembered that Rick left us a bunch of folders pertaining to the house. My word . . . there was so many folders, it needed it's own drawer. There went my new system! So now I have an entire drawer dedicated to the house. I can tell that Rick is German. That man has every receipt and every piece of documentation for EVERY detail of the house. I'm so thankful and I'm going to follow his lead and try to remain that organized. We'll see how that goes.

My plans for coloring my hair didn't happen last night, but there's still time. I'm hiring Jessica for the job this time so hopefully things will go smoothly.

No comments: