Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another Dream Fulfilled

The inspiration that I felt after watching Jim's movie hasn't fully wore off yet. Nothing beats a story about somebody fulfilling their long time dream. I just love it. And now this . . .

My father has been dreaming about, and talking about, building a house on the CT River for so many years that I lost count. He's owned the land for a long time now and I think I resolved myself to the fact that it will always be "the lot" in Haddam. I never even acknowledged the existence of the little shack that was on it. But this past Spring he took a huge step with the demolition of the shack. After years of maddening red tape and bureaucracy, he finally got all the approvals to build. That alone was a miracle. But now the bigger miracle --

Things are happening down there. Last week the foundation hole was dug and now the foundation is going in. This project is now my brother's and my Dad's. They have teamed up to make this dream finally come true. I couldn't be happier. I think this means I can decorate another house!! Yeah


Congrats to Dad and all the Romano's making this happen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have been following your dad's
adventure too and i am so excited
for him. AWESOME.