Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cranky Old Married Couple

No, not me and Karlo . . . Our dogs have decided that they hate each other. They are worse than an old crotchety married couple. The arguing at nighttime is becoming an issue. Those buggers normally let out a half dozen full fledged barks throughout the course of every night. They are usually timed with one loud bark every hour, so that they wake us up just after we finally fell asleep after that last altercation. I’m trying to devise an invention where I can record my voice yelling at them and have it play in their room, loudly, every hour so I can wake them up for a change. That’ll teach them!

I found it strange that the past two nights have been much quieter than normal. Both nights there was some arguing early on, but then things got quiet for the rest of the night. And don’t you know, both mornings we go downstairs to find one dog in their room and one dog out in the garage. They have taken to sleeping apart. What a riot. When we got home yesterday afternoon Bentley couldn’t wait to run upstairs into the house. As a matter of fact, he skipped eating his dinner just to get upstairs. Meanwhile Peanut ran under the stairs. Bentley just wanted to get as far away from Peanut as possible and she was more than happy to oblige.

This morning, Karlo found Peanut in the garage all by herself. It was obvious that she just woke up and spent the night alone out there. After they came back inside from doing their business, Peanut treated herself to the bed in “their room” and therefore Bentley stayed in the garage. I’m wondering if they will be contacting a doggie divorce lawyer soon. What happened to our happy household?

And then there’s the cute duck couple that I mentioned a couple of days ago. Remember them? They look so peaceful, swimming together on our pond every day. Well now even THEY are arguing, squawking up a storm in the morning. I’m ready to shoot them. I need to find an animal relationship counselor and soon.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Aww... grumpy pups. Well if they need a trial separation, there's always an open doggie bed at my house. :)