Thursday, March 20, 2008

Zombie

Thank goodness today is actually a Friday for me. I’m already exhausted and it’s not even noon yet.

Karlo took off this morning at 2 AM for a 6 hour drive to somewhere in upstate New York. It’s not uncommon that I don’t know where he is when he travels. It’s exhausting to try to keep track of his whereabouts. I slept intermittently between 10 and 2, and not at all past 2:00. I was worrying that the alarm wouldn’t go off and worrying about him driving in the middle of the night in the driving rain. Can you imagine getting up at 2 AM to drive 6 hours and then work in a high pressure situation for 9+ hours? I certainly can’t. I can barely function after lying in bed awake all those hours.

The reason Karlo left was because a company called him in a panic a couple of days ago. Apparently they were having a multiaxis emergency and called upon the multiaxis superhero. Without more than a day’s notice, Karlo put on his blue tights and red cape and flew up to their rescue. When it rains it pours. As if he doesn’t already have enough going on.

Now I’ll be all alone on “Great Friday.” Not the great day that I imagined, but it may not be so bad. I’ll still color my eggs. Maybe Bents and the Nut will help. Then I think I’ll play the Easter Bunny and share some eggs with Dad . . . in order to get to Dad’s I’ll have to drive through Manchester . . . past the mall . . . I see some shopping in my future. All the recent book editing deserves a little shopping. It will be a “Great Friday” after all (unless, of course, I try on any shoes!)

Penni, are the Romano boys making the cupcakes this year?

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

Oh, I hate it when I have a multiaxis emergency. Such a pain in the axis...

Anonymous said...

The boys will indeed be making the cupcakes.... If you are going to be in the area tomorrow why not come over and learn how. John made them a few weeks ago for his swim team the night before a big meet and he actually came home with some. I guess they all were not Italian and couldn't appreciate the joy of eating them ( or all the work that goes into making them)

Anonymous said...

excuse me ... i made the cupcakes this year not "the boys" and they were they were better than normal ask grandpa i brought him some