Monday, March 3, 2008

Walking On the Moon


Did you sing that title? And that famous bass line . . . bum bum bunmmm bum, bum buuuummmmm. I felt like I was walking on the moon this weekend. In fact, I cracked myself up so much I could barely walk. We went out and played in the snow on Saturday. First we tried to go skiing, but that was pretty much a disaster. So we ditched the skis and I took my maiden voyage in my new shoe shoes. I did pretty good and only fell once. But towards the end my feet kept falling out of the shoe shoes. So after walking for approximately 45 minutes with the shoes on, I slipped them off and decided to just carry them back to the house.

Well, when I tried to take my first few steps I couldn’t stop laughing. I looked EXACTLY like Bentley did the first time we put boots on him. He would put one foot down and then immediately pick it way up in the air and put the next foot down. That one would come flying up in the air and this continued for a few minutes. He looked like a puppet and somebody was jerking on his strings, pulling his feet up unnaturally high. Well, that was me and I couldn’t stop it. The snow shoes were so heavy and my legs got so used to walking in them that when they were off, I kept pulling my legs up as if they were still on. This resulted in me looking like I was a marching cartoon character. It really did feel like anti-gravity and I was walking on the moon. What a riot.

A few pictures from the weekend can be seen here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we went and played in the snow this weekend too. we went to mt.
snow to go tubing. what a great
time we had and there was so much
snow everywhere.

lgaumond said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Peanut's so cute.

Jamie said...

we all went skiing this weekend up at Okemo - what a blast skiing in the snow!

It's tough when your 5 year old can negotiate the terrain better than you can, however. I'm trying to get over that, but it is what it is ;).