Thursday, March 27, 2008

Welcome To America

Sorry I didn’t blog yesterday. Time is getting away from me. I spent most of yesterday afternoon in a Mac warp. I’m just now starting to really use the new Mac and it’s been quite the rocky transition. Luckily, Lisa is only an email away and has the patience to answer my stupid questions and listen to my rants. And it’s a good thing, since I can never reach my cousin when I need him! This is my first blog posting from the Mac.

My day wasn’t nearly as busy as Karlo’s though. He had to drive to Boston to pick up his mother from the airport! She’s now here with us and I believe this is her first trip the US. She’s been to Canada many times, but never to the States. She will be staying with us for the entire month of April, and by then, I should be fluent in Hungarian and at least know how to make some goulash. OK, we all know neither of those things will really happen, but it’s fun to think about.

Actually, now that I think about, I will probably be a worst chef by the time she leaves. I have a feeling I won’t be doing much cooking this month. Last night she already announced that she’s making dinner for us tonight. I’m not quite sure how she can confidently say this before looking through our fridge and pantry. She must be a magician! I can’t wait to see what she whips up.
I would be more than happy to just eat the treats she brought us. Check these babies out:


Not sure what they are called. All I know is they are yummy. She also brought some homemade raspberry jam, my favorite waffle cookies (I hate to admit this, but I like them even better than the Italian Petzls) and literally 12 pounds of something that I can’t even begin to try to spell or explain. No wonder she got caught up in customs so long.

Stay tuned to tomorrow’s blog to see the amazing things my mother-in-law knit for her new grand daughter. If nothing else, I will be a better knitter by the end of this visit.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

well you know you can always call my cell phone!

that desert looks WICKED! I want some right now!!

if you pick up any neat tricks with your mac, please do share :)

Anonymous said...

if I had known those cookies were at the hosue I would have stopped instead of zipping by! She does sound amazing...and what a great hosue guest.Have fun and see you soon Nancy