Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Distractions

I haven't been able to put much thought into an amusing blog posting today. Sorry about that. I am a bit distracted by many other things . . . Mostly copying my bazillion gigs worth of data onto the new Mac. Yeah, I know what you're thinking . . . The Mac is no longer "new." But I JUST got it back and that's a story so long, I can't even begin to tell it.

I'm also distracted by new groovy new Jack Johnson CD. These days, there are so few artists that I am willing to run out to buy their CD. And by "run out" I, of course, mean "purchase online." I may be willing to download a single or two from many artists, but there are just a small handful of artists that I don't even need to hear one song, and I'm committed to buying the CD - the actual CD that comes in a case. Does anybody actually do that anymore, or is it just me? I have to thank Lisa for introducing me to Jack. I must have asked her every single time I visited her at home, "Who is that playing?" And every single time she told me "Jack Johnson." Funny, of all the millions of songs Lisa owns, she always had Jack playing when I visited. You would have thought I would have bought myself the CD, since I liked him so much, but it took Lisa to finally buy it and give it to me. Jack as been second, only to Sting, since. Thanks Lisa!

Any my last (painful) distraction of the day is Karlo's book. I'm supposed to send the first 6 chapters off the publisher this week, and since I don't plan to leave the house on Friday, I better have it ready to mail tomorrow. Am I ready for that? Of course not. I can see a fun night ahead of me - not!

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

You're so very welcome! I'm always happy to spread the Jack Johnson addiction around. And guess what? I'm listening to Jack right now!