Thursday, March 13, 2008

Kissing Moose

I have been on a moose hunt for the past 10 years, desperately trying to catch a glimpse of one. I've frequented Maine (where supposedly they are plentiful - but I still think it's myth to get sucker tourists there), I've hiked and biked through upstate NY and New Hampshire, where you'll see "Moose Crossing" signs everywhere, and yet still no sightings. After spending 7 hours biking straight through the Adirondacks, I had a severely sore neck from looking back and fourth to each side of the road, peering into the woods trying to spot a sign of wildlife. Nothing!

I think I will add "see a moose" to my Bucket List. And while I'm struggling just to catch a mere glimpse of one through the woods, some lucky bugger managed to take the photo above. That is so not fair.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Once upon a time (about four years ago), I decided to take the initiative and book a little vacation getaway in Conway, NH.

Not only did we see a black bear at the condos we were staying at, but on our way home going over the White Mountains.. right there by the road, we saw... a Moose walking into the woods.

And, as quick as I went to grab my camera, it was gone.

Anonymous said...

that cannot be real!!i have not
seen a moose either but have
experienced 4 deer prance across
the street in front of my car as
i slam on the brakes.