Monday, March 17, 2008

Signs of Spring

Spring is getting closer. Some of these signs of Spring showed themselves this weekend and they include:
  • Most of the snow piles have finally disappeared from our lawn. We still have a couple pesky piles sticking around, but for the most part, our yard is snow free.
  • Our pond is no longer one big solid block of ice. This weekend, for the first time, it completely liquefied. It’s so nice to look out back and see the trees reflecting on the water instead of a big iceberg.
  • I spent hour in tears shopping for sandals. It’s that time of year again — the dreaded sandal shopping. I despise it. I can’t tell you how many pairs of black sandals I tried on . . . every SINGLE pair in both Kohls and Famous Makers Shoes. Not ONE of them fit me. The shoe depression is starting to sink in again. Why is this so difficult? I think I would rather go to the dentist than go shoe shopping!

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

Yay spring!

The reason you will always have a hard time shopping for shoes is that you refuse to acknowledge that your feet are narrow and you can't get shoes that fit you at a discount shoe store! Go somewhere where the shoes are expensive and there are people there to help you and I guarantee that you will find shoes you love. You may not be able to afford them, but you will find them.

Unknown said...

You know what I hate? I can't take shoes stores that require you to ask the sales person to fetch you your size. A few months ago I shopped at Clarks (at Evergreen). I had to wait forever while the guy multi-tasked as the cashier and helped others. I stood around forever waiting and waiting. I tried on 8 different pairs of shoes, not liking any, or not having them fit without hurting. Then I walked out feeling completely guilty for not buying anything. I just hate that pressure.