Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Wonderful World of Pets

Good news – I think I finally figured out the mystery behind my croaking sucker fish. I lost ANOTHER algae eater this past weekend. I went to PetsMart and I literally asked the sales girl (luckily, it wasn’t that evil old witch that told me I couldn’t buy anymore fish) . . . I asked if they had a “Frequent Sucker Fish Buyers Program.” I thought perhaps I could get bulk discounts or perhaps get a new fish automatically mailed to me every month . . . something! The sales girl was amused by the question and when she asked me further questions about my tank, I decided to tell the truth. Normally, I always resort to lying to fish salespeople at PetsMart. I gotta do what I gotta do to get my fish! But come to find out, I probably don’t need a sucker fish. That thought never occurred to me. She asked me if I feed my algae eater. FEED him? I’m supposed to feed him? She explained that if I don’t have enough algae in the tank then you need to buy special food for them. So my question of course is, if I don’t have enough algae, then WHY am I buying an algae eater in the first place? Problem solved. I bought a pretty white fish instead and named her Snowflake II.” All is good in my tank again.

Bad news – I’m ready to shoot my dogs. They have become a crotchety old marriage couple. They used to be in love. Here let me prove it . . .


And now they can’t stand to be near each other. Constantly arguing and screaming at each other. They are driving me nuts. I am seriously considering putting up a partition in their “bedroom.” I can’t tell you how many times they wake me up during the middle of the night with their arguing. And then there’s last night. Because Karlo is away (there’s always something) Bentley decided to howl at God knows what. It wasn’t just one yodel. He broke into a half dozen blaring howls. He has NEVER done this before. There are a very specific set of things that make him howl: when he sings back at me singing to him; when I play the bass; and always when the phone rings. Outside of those times, he has never howled for no reason. So what on earth was he doing last night? I was too afraid to go and find out. So I laid there sleepless for the rest of the night wondering. I think we need a sound proof doggie addition soon.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Aww, they're just going through a rough patch in their relationship. It happens to the best of us.