Friday, March 21, 2008

Great Friday Phase 2 Completed

It's an Easter miracle . . . I found new black sandals. I wasn't going to risk ruining my glorious day by shoe shopping, but I couldn't resist popping into DSW on my way to Hartford. The first 30 minutes was pretty rough. I didn't shed any tears, but I muttered a few curses (on Good Friday- now I'm going to Hell) and tried on no less than 50 pairs of sandals - wait, make that 60 pairs. I undoubtably tried on every SINGLE pair of sandals in the entire store. I was exhuasted by the time I found this last pair. I wasn't even picky about style. If they FIT, I was buying them - no matter the look, or the price. I was determined.

And low and behold, notice the name on the box — "Italian Shoemaker." Last week, Lisa and I were chatting about my shoe problem and I told her that the only pair of perfect fitting sandals that I own are made in Italy. I was convinced that my Italian feet needed Italian shoes and I strongly considered flying to Milan to go shopping :-) Lisa squashed that idea like a bug and I told her that she's a party pooper. DSW sure wasn't as much fun as Milan, but at least they sell shoes made in Italy. From now on I'm cutting right to the chase and will ONLY try on shoes made in Italy.

Spring can hurry up and get here so I can wear my dreamy new black sandals.

No comments: