Friday, March 28, 2008

The Magician Cook

It’s official. Karlo’s mother is a magician. She managed to create the most delicious dinner with nothing in the house. Her only one request was for a potato and, of course, we had none. With nothing more than some chicken and oil, this dish magically appeared on the table when we were done with our workout.


It was so tasty. This is the homemade ‘tarhonya’ that I eluded to yesterday. Karlo’s mom made it and brought no less than 12 pounds of it with her. (Hmmm, she must have known she would need to bring her own food if she wanted to eat in our house!) It’s sort of like pasta, but heavier. I think I’m in love. Karlo has attempted to make it in the past (not the actual pasta pellets – just the prepared dish), but it never tasted this good. As we were upstairs working out last night, we could smell dinner cooking downstairs. As soon as I changed and came down, dinner was waiting for me on the table. I can get used to this! Last night this was especially helpful since I don’t have time to make dinner between our workout and my dance class.

I also mentioned the knitting project yesterday and I wanted to share a picture of the adorable little sweater and bonnet that Karlo’s mom made for her grand daughter. Isn’t this amazing? I can’t even say that I aspire to this level of knitting. I’m not even going to get that idea in my head. I’ll be a scarf maker and that is the end of it.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Can Karlo's mom come stay with me next??