Friday, January 18, 2008

A Big Day


Two very special people in my life are both celebrating a birthday today. I always found it quite curious that my closest and best childhood friend and my husband (my current best friend) share the same birthday. Maybe there's something to be said about astrology and compatible signs after all. And to add to that theory, I've also always loved Kevin Cosner, who was born on the exact same day as Karlo, same year, same day. Why am I so drawn to people born on that day? Very strange.

Anyway, I want to give a great big shout out to Regina who is turning the big 40 today. I was about to say that she's the first of the crew to hit the big number, but that is actually not true. Another "South End friend" squeaked in without ridicule in December. Despite the fact that she was born in a different year, we have all adopted "Chicago Sue" as "one of us." This will be the year for most all my girlfriends to turn 40. Am I ready for this? Not sure. Happy Birthday Reggie. I hope you're livin' it up today!

And Happy Birthday Karlo, you handsome dog . . . (I wish I scanned the birthday card I gave him today. It was an adorable greyhound with a red bow tie on and it said "Happy birthday you handsome dog." Adorable) We won't mention how old Karlo is turning today. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he would have been happier if I didn't mention his birthday at all. But I did. So there. Enjoy your day Karlo, and sorry I'm making you cook tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A BIG Happy Birthday to you both, Regina and Karlo, 40 is not so bad I mean look at Karlo he is WAY over 40 and he looks great and is as active as can be. The best to you both

Unknown said...

LOL. That was a riot. That's what Karlo gets for Penni's wild ATV ride!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KARLO !

i got in touch w/gina earlier and
she was having lunch w/her man...
Jackson