Tuesday, January 8, 2008

More Favorites

I just discovered a new product and it needs to be added to my list of all-time favorite things!

This past weekend Tammy gave me a blanket, but it’s not just any blanket. It is THE BEST blanket in the world. When I opened the gift on Saturday and stuck my hand inside the rolled up blanket I was amazed at how soft it was. As a matter of fact Lisa’s description was that it was “freakishly soft.” But I had no idea just how amazing it would feel to lay under it. Not only is the furry lining like lying on a cloud, the top of the blanket is heavy suede and is the warmest blanket I ever had. I am truly in heaven lying under it. Thanks so much Tammy!!! Everyone should own one of these. It came from JC Penny and I think it’s called Studio (or something like that). Run there NOW and get yourself one (or two).

Any my new favorite thing to do under this blanket is read. I haven’t read at home . . . well, in so long I can’t even remember. Seems the only time I make time to read is when I’m traveling. I read at the airports, on the plane, in my hotel room, etc. But I never carve out time at home for this guiltless pleasure. Not until this weekend.

Lisa bought me a new book that she knew I would love. She instructed me to cuddle up in my papasan (I think that’s what it’s called) chair upstairs and read. What an interesting concept this was. She was suggesting that I actually SIT in the little reading nock that I made upstairs. We have lots of wasted, useless space at home and I tried to fill these spaces with whatever miscellaneous furniture I had. The result upstairs is a very cozy reading nook in front of the big wall of windows. What a perfect spot to read, however I probably never would have done it if Lisa hadn’t suggested it. On Sunday afternoon I curled up in that chair, as the sun was setting through the window, and started my book. It was great — both the book and the chair.

Now my evening routine is to take my shower earlier so that I have time to snuggle on the couch under my favorite blanket and read this awesome book, which by the way is called “Eat, Pray, Love.” I highly recommend it. The author very much reminds me of ME. So how can you not love that? Hee hee

No comments: