Monday, January 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

We had a fun weekend. We started the birthday celebration Friday night. Rick & Nancy came over for dinner so I made a party out of it. I got a cake and some candles and made a secret plan for our neighbor Sharon to arrive just before I served the cake. I had asked Sharon to do me a big favor and take delivery of and store Karlo's presents. I convinced Karlo that I had no gift for him this year and I'm pretty sure he believed me. Then just before we lit the candles, our doorbell rang and our neighbor showed up claiming that the UPS man delivered some boxes to the wrong house. What perfect timing. Sharon joined us for the cake and the celebration and Karlo was thrilled to get his new toys. You will see them in the slide show below.

On Saturday Karlo was like a little kid playing outside. While he amused himself I tried out my Zumba videos. Oh what fun. I love it, like I knew I would. When I started the video, I had 10 seconds of horror as the guy started to talk in Spanish. I thought, "Great I got the darn DVDs on EBay rather than the official site and this is what I get." But I was very relieved to see that after the Spanish is spoken a girl repeats everything in English. I signed up for a 10 week Zumba course starting in a couple weeks and I can't wait. I'm very glad that I'm going to have a head start by learning all the steps. If you haven't found yourself a class yet, you should. Guarantee good time and great exercise.

Saturday afternoon Karlo and I headed out to civilization. I promised Karlo dinner and a movie. We first shopped a little and both treated ourselves to new shoes. Then we went to see "The Bucket List." Karlo felt that was appropriate given his age (of WAY over 40). I have to say, during the first 20 minutes I totally regretting picking this movie. There were way too many scenes of sick cancer patients. Just the thought of these hospital scenes makes me depressed and queasy. But as the movie went on, I enjoyed it more and more. It turned out to be a tour of the world with great life lessons. I highly recommend the movie. I laughed, I cried and most of all, I got inspired. I'm working on my "bucket list" now.

After the movie we went to our favorite restaurant, the Asian Bistro in Mansfield, and had a wonderful dinner. We had some plum wine that was out of this world. If you're ever at the Eastbrook mall you gotta try this place out.

Sunday was a blur. I worked feverishly on my YogaDudes business stuff while Karlo worked on his book. We did manage to have some fun with our soon-to-be new neighbors. All in all, it went way too fast.

You can view my Weekend In Pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/paulasworld/WeekendInPicturesJan19/photo#s5157646893793757058

No comments: