Thursday, January 10, 2008

Fashion 101

Or maybe I should have titled this “What Not to Wear.”

When I was in Boston a couple of months ago I sadly watched all the chic city girls fill into the meeting rooms. I enjoyed watching all the stylish clothes and that’s when it occurred to me that I don’t belong in the city — not wearing my LLBean sweaters anyway. After studying all the fashionable chicks and what they were wearing, I decided that I wanted two new pieces of wardrobe: a ¾ sleeve trapeze jacket and a long vest-type sweater. Those two things seemed to be the trend in Boston this year.

And I got them both. I bought two cute little jackets and my big funny-sleeved, long vest. This morning when I put the sweater on I got some strange looks from Karlo. He made a comment like, “That sweater is funny” in his disapproving tone. So when I later questioned why he doesn’t like my sweater he told me, “You look like a homeless gypsy that just lost her job.” Hmmmm, not the look I was going for, but it’s too late and we are off to work.

The very first person that saw me this morning commented and actually complimented me on my wardrobe. It was my manager and in 14 years he never made a comment about my clothes ever. When he told me that he liked my “sweater thing” I had to laugh and share Karlo’s comment with him. That’s when Ben laughed and then fessed up that he liked my wardrobe because it reminded him of Pirates of the Caribbean. Good grief. He even made me pose with his sword to get the full effect. Here I am . . . .


Well, at least I know what to wear next Halloween. Apparently I’m in costume today!

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

Nice, so... um, your boss keeps a sword at work??

I do love the sweater. What did you call it? A trapeze sweater?

Unknown said...

No, I got a trapeze jacket. Don't know what the sweater is called. Oh wait, a pirate sweater!

And yes, my boss has an entire assortment of real movie props in his office - guns too.

Anonymous said...

keep trying...you gotta get to steve & barry's