Friday, January 4, 2008

Have You Tried Zumba?


Do you even know what Zumba is? I’m still trying to figure out how this slipped by me when millions of people all over the world are doing it. What, do I live under a rock . . . . in the middle of nowhere? Oh, I guess I do.

But at any rate, a friend recently told me about Zumba classes. She assured me that I would love it and I have to take a class. Being curious about it, I googled the word “Zumba” today and sure enough, I’m already hooked and I haven’t even seen a video or taken a class. I’m so excited about it, I want to become an instructor!

Tina, if you haven’t already discovered this, you will love it. This is the work out of my dreams. It’s all dancing. Doing what I call “artificial cardio” is too boring for me. What I mean by artificial cardio is using stationary machines indoors to simulate being outside and doing the real thing. I just can’t do it. I can play outside for hours and hours on end. But put me on a cardio machine and I last 10 minutes tops.

I have the weight lifting routine worked out, but biking, hiking and kayaking are my only sources of cardio. Those are sometimes hard to do when it’s 4 degrees outside. But now I found this dancing exercise routine that doesn’t look boring at all. I already bought the DVDs and I’m inquiring about a class in Tolland. I’m very much looking forward to starting a new routine for this year. This was a New Years Resolution that was begging to find its way to me. I’m so glad it did.

If you want to check out the Zumba web site, it’s: https://www.zumba.com/index.cfm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg...we have to do this...i think
my kids would love it too. i sent
an email to someone in rocky hill
and glastonbury to see if they still offer the classes and where
and when. lets see if i hear back
from them.