Monday, January 7, 2008

Girlfriend Reunion

This weekend was the annual girlfriend reunion. It was so nice to get together with old friends again, if even for a few short hours. Before everyone arrived, I decided that this would be the last ‘girlfriend party.’ I know driving out to my place these days is a big undertaking and the guilt of Regina making that very long trek to find that not everyone showed up was just too much for me to bear. I was starting to feel as though it just wasn’t worth it — worth everybody’s time and gas, worth my stress and preparation. Why bother?

Well, I changed my mind. Actually Regina changed my mind, as did the rest of the girls that showed up. They really made me believe that it wasn’t a chore for them to drive out to the country and that they appreciated the time together as much as I did. We had a wonderful afternoon together. The girls did their scrapbook assignments; we discussed our 2007 changes and our goals for next year. Everyone took on their ‘homework assignments’ and I will hold them all to it. Now we have to have the party again next year just to see if everyone comes through on their goals.

A great fringe benefit of the party was my new and improved Christmas tree. Not only did Lisa give me a wonderful gift of a pretty box filled with rustic ornaments (my dream come true) but the girls graciously allowed me to get first choice in the ornament swap. I made out like a bandit and got adorable items. I HAD to make sure I got the red motorcycle! It was so sad taking the tree down yesterday after I finally got it all filled with ornaments that I love. Oh well, now I’ll have something to look forward to next year.

Girls, thanks for coming. I had a great time. It’s a special day for me and the memories we make will last a lifetime.

PS - sorry that I didn't take any pictures this year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was great to get together, thank
you for all you did. sorry i missed jessica & karlo.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tina, I am sorry we missed you too. I was looking forward to spend some time with you and Reg.

Anonymous said...

My name is not anonymous

Anonymous said...

I had a great time. Sorry I had to leave so early.