Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Two Accomplishments of the Night

I had a very busy day at work today and didn't have a chance to blog. I didn't even have a chance to think about something smart to say. So I was going to let the day slip by without an entry . . . But since I accomplished two things tonight, I thought I would share.

First off, you remember the painting project we did over the weekend . . . it all started when I couldn't stand the big blank white wall outside of our bedroom. It drove me nuts every day. We desperately needed artwork and something to put on that wall. I couldn't decide what should go there as far as furniture. I was thinking maybe a pretty leather bench, but do we really need another place to sit down? In the empty hallway no less? Probably not. So the hunt continued, unsuccessfully for months.

Then a couple of weekends ago I spotted some cool artwork for the wall. It would allow me to fill the entire wall and it was a style that I knew Karlo would love - metal. How could I go wrong? I brought them home and, just as I suspected, Karlo loved them. That same day my friend Sue came over for a visit and she agreed they looked great, but she also added the comment that the wall could use some color. That was it. Now I HAD to paint.

And so I did. The paint was barely dry when I could stand the empty bottom half of the wall no longer. Withing 48 hours of the paint going on, we were shopping for furniture. We were shopping on a shoe string budget and I didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted. All I knew was that it needed to fill the dead space and if I could use it for any sort of storage that would be a bonus.

Tonight we picked up our new addition and I just want to point out that this thing fit into our Golf. I still think that VWs are heaping piles of you know what, but I have to say, that Golf is amazingly versatile. We haven't really missed the truck yet.

So here's my wall before:


And here's the wall tonight. Now I just have to figure out what to store in it and what pretty things to display on top of it. More shopping . . . yeah!


Oooops, I almost forgot my second accomplishment - actually third, if you count helping Karlo carry that furniture up our narrow staircase. I made some super yummy tortellini and sausage soup. If I wasn't so lazy I would type up the recipe. If you really want it, email me. It was very, very good. And since my camera has a "Food mode" that I just had to test out, here's a picture of my masterpiece.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wall looks very nice and so does the new furniture. What color did you decide to paint it because it looks a little white!

Congrats on the soup, looks yummy!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Unknown said...

The color is from Ralph Lauren and it's called "Linen." It's a very subtle beige. It really only toned down the glaring white and made everything a bit warmer. Very hard to photograph.

Jamie said...

now that sure beats the stark white color it was before... wait a sec, is that the BEFORE or the AFTER, 'cause it looks alot like white on my monitor!!