Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Mystery of the Disappearing Fish

What is with my fish tank? This afternoon I decided that my next blog post would be about my missing sucker fish. I truly can't figure out what is going on. I think there is a Bermuda Triangle in my tank. Or maybe it's an Eastford Rectangle! Some strange force is making my fish vanish. About a month or so ago I lost my sucker fish. Finding no trace of him, I assumed I sucked my sucker fish during the water change. Figuring it was my fault, I didn't think too much about it. But this past weekend I did another water change and this time I took a close inventory of my fish before I started. To my dismay, I realized that my sucker fish was missing again. Something fishy is going on here (pun intended).

Before I could write my blog entry, I came home and fed the fish. Only now I realized that I lost ANOTHER fish. This time my beautiful blue male guppy. I am heart broken and completely puzzled. WHERE do they go? There are no signs of either fish and if you've seen my tank, you know there aren't any places to hide. Is it possible that the other vultures are completely devouring my fish?

This stinks. Next time, I am going to get a half dozen sucker fish. Maybe that will allow me to go two consecutive months without going to the pet store for more fish.

And while I'm on the subject of fish . . . yesterday Lisa made a vow on her blog to draw something every day. This, I suppose, is because she's a real artist and needs to flex her artistic muscles. But I thought that sounded like fun and although I can't possible draw something every day (unless stick figure doodles at my desk count), I thought I will try to draw something every week. And by 'something' I mean a cartoon like object. In honor of my missing fish, here's my first drawing.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

it's pretty amazing, the sucker fish disappear all the time!

you have to keep a sharp eye, however, and you'll find it's remains somewhere in the tank.

those little buggers are notorious for dying and then the other little scavengers have their fill and there's usually nothing left but the bones!